Who is this subject intended for:
This course aims to create an opportunity for students to achieve a qualification in Te Reo Māori that will provide the building blocks for future success in their studies.
What you will learn in this subject:
Students will build on what they have learned in Years 9 and 10 and increase their confidence and knowledge as a speaker of Te Reo, by
○ talking about events and facts in the past, present and future
○ talking about feelings, ideas, opinions; what you can and cannot do, likes and dislikes
○ describing yourself and others, home, work, school and leisure environments in depth
○ making comparisons and contrasts
○ giving directions, instructions, suggestions and orders
• Possible Topics:
Ko mātou ko tōku whānau (Me and my family)
Ki te kāinga (At home)
Tangata Rongonui (Famous people)
Hui Marae (Marae gatherings)
Ko te ao Taiohi (The world of youth)
Student workbooks - $20, Student subscription to Language perfect - $15 (strongly recommended), Noho Marae costs (to be advised).