Year 10 Art
Teacher in Charge: Mr E. Peters
Who is this subject intended for:
If students are interested in taking Art in Year 11 they should consider Art as an option at Year 10.
What you will learn in this subject:
The programme allows you to develop the skills you will need to be successful at Year 11. During the course you will focus on developing Drawing, Painting and Printmaking skills.
- Produce an artwork based on their interpretation of an artist model.
- Analysis of an artist models work, look and feel, representation, abstraction, what aspects / elements are emphasized.
- Show understanding of composition and point of focus.
- Combine symbols / images into a composition, through elements of symmetry, asymmetry, focal point, border & directional lines.
- Produce and develop ideas through a series of drawings showing tonal scale, space shallow and depth with the use of Overlapping (layering), Size, Placement, Colour.
- Develop ideas in response to different influences and context
Produce a woodblock showing their interpretation of an artist model.
- Know how to use colour separation to create a woodblock print.
- Apply practical knowledge to produce artwork in response to a variety to context and medium.
- Introduction to photography(beginner).
- Anatomy proportions and showing movement(introduction)
Year 11 Art
Recommended Prior Learning