Year 12 Te Reo Maori
Who is this subject intended for:
Students who have achieved a sufficient number of credits in Te Reo Māori NCEA L1.
What you will learn in this subject:
Students will continue to increase confidence and develop fluency in Te Reo Māori by learning to:
○ communicate about future plans
○ offer and respond to advice, warnings and suggestions
○ express and respond to approval and disapproval, agreement and disagreement
○ offer and respond to information and opinions, giving reasons
○ read about and recount actual or imagined events in the past
• Possible topics covered:
○ Pakiwaitara (Myths and Legends)
○ Tangihanga (Cultural funeral practices)
○ Ngā wawata taiohi (Future aspirations for youth)
○ Ngā take o te wā mō ngā taiohi (Current issues for youth)
Where this subject will lead:
Te Reo Māori Level 3. To enhance possible career opportunities requiring knowledge in Te Reo Māori me ōna Tikanga.
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
Student workbooks - $20, Student subscription to Language perfect - $15 (strongly recommended), Noho Marae costs (to be advised).