Year 11 Japanese
Teacher in Charge: Mr E. Lindblom
Who is this subject intended for:
This course is for students who have had some achievement at Year 10 Japanese, but more than that we are continuing the journey on the path to becoming bilingual. We know that if we remain monolingual we will stunt our educational development, restrict our communication and thinking abilities, and deny ourselves the ability to fully appreciate and understand the world in which we live.
What you will learn in this subject:
You will practice further the skills already learnt at Year 9 and 10 and acquire a sense of achievement in the practical use of a foreign language. Students gain confidence and motivation as their vocabulary and cultural understanding increase.
○ Hiragana and Katakana Revision; Introduction to Kanji
○ Home and Family
○ Free Time
○ Shopping, Health, School
○ Japanese Culture
Where this subject will lead:
• Japanese Level 2
• Now that you are a senior student, you can use your skills on the Japanese Language Study Trip to our sister city, Eniwa, Japan!
• You will broaden your knowledge beyond cultural stereotypes and national boundaries and become more tolerant and have a positive attitude to people of different linguistic, cultural and national backgrounds.
• You will become confident in communication with native Japanese speakers in the contexts of trade, travel, or tourism and in other professional, educational, or social situations.
• You will broaden your employment options, both in New Zealand and internationally.
• You will develop an awareness of the interdependence of all people.
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
$20 subscription to Language Perfect